Sunday, October 23, 2016

a Socially Withered Fanstasy

Obviously by the title, there's a disconnect between my infatuation between the union of lovers. Not a hater, I love love. But my gosh, love and relationships are so overly fantasized on social media it makes me gag. The amount of pages on social media, and Pinterest boards catering to the perfect gifts for him or her, honestly by this time lack originality and thought... Especially since some are doing the same thing. Image result for rihanna sipping tea gif



The few  that are in relationships will glance at the pictures and will either relate or scroll right past them. Scrolling is what I prefer to do, it is all, repetitive. But, by that time, one will grow tired of those preaching on what a relationship is supposed to be like... If it is not according to society and all its social standards, it's wrong. Not only are relationships a trend, but have become exploited so far beyond what they are, they have so many rules attached to them. 

1. Post him or her everywhere so everyone knows you care about them
2. Throw a VSCO filter over your cute times together 
3. Bring them material things so they know you appreciate them

The list could continue. Being in a relationship sounds like a chore rather then exchanging smiles, exotic laughter, and enjoying one's company. One's love is immeasurable to any Instagram post or any gift they could purchase or craft out of thought. I could never stress it enough that accompanying someone should speak loud enough for itself. But, who am I to speak on what love is, or what a relationship should be like. I'm young, especially in a time period where you learn to love, and to share loss; so I guess I'm entitled. "Sing together and talk story" (Hong Kingston 45) of the times you share, and laugh as you continue to make your own memories, not according to others I'd hope. 

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this blog post Peyton, your blog is one of my favorites! I feel that this is extremely relevant right now with so many people on social media.

    ReplyDelete